Monday, September 14, 2009

Art and Science

Welcome.

It is my belief that medicine is still an art and a science despite the desires of a health care system that demands clear cut answers and economical treatments.



Early Autumn, Ashlawn, oil/panel, 16 x 20, $1000 Jerry Weiss

Some illnesses are black and white. The tests for them are accurate and the treatment protocol is clear cut.


Late stage Lyme disease is not. Tests are inaccurate and treatment that would have worked at the time of the tick bite are not effective once the infection becomes entrenched.


Fisher Field, oil/panel, 8.5 x 11, $400 (framed), Adrian Waggoner



"Wet Paint for Lyme Disease Research" was an event held on July 12, 2009 in downtown Stony Creek, Branford. This fundraiser was organized to support the research of Dr. Eva Sapi at the University of New Haven.

She and her staff have identified a unique characteristic of Borrelia burgdorferi that may explain why it is so difficult to detect and treat. It is called a biofilm. This sticky substance is created by the spirochete to protect itself from the immune system as well as treatment.









Fisher Air, oil/panel, 9 x 12, $400 framed Adrian Waggoner


The event brought over 25 professional artists together for one day to paint en plein air and sell their works in a silent auction later in the day. Before the auction, Dr. Sapi spoke about her research which drew over 100 people in attendance.



Fir at Linden Point, oil/canvas, 20 x 24, $650 Paula Billups



To keep the project alive, these 20 paintings from the day (and some donated) will travel to the university May 8, 2010 for an exhibition during the Lyme Conference to raise money and draw continued attention to Dr. Sapi's research findings. 50% sales will go to the artist and 50% to research. All paintings on this blog are in the exhibition and available.




Stony Creek Church, oil/board, 6x8, $100 Margaret Dean


Porch on Hillspoint Rd. oil/board, 6 x 8, $400 Margaret Dean




About The University of New Haven Lyme Research Group




"The University of New Haven established Lyme disease research 7 years ago. To date, over 50 graduate students have received training in Lyme disease related research. The Lyme disease research group has identified an alarming increase in the co-infection rate in deer ticks, including discovery of novel co-infections such as mycoplasma species.


Stony Creek, w/c, 9 x 17, $185 framed, Molly McDonald



Stony Creek Beach, w/c, 9x17, $185 framed, Molly McDonald

Creeker Suite, w/c, 9x17, $185 framed Molly McDonald

In February 2008 the Lyme research group received two grant supports from the Turn the Corner Foundation, which will allow the group to investigate novel ideas for Lyme disease research. The Lyme disease research group also has a website www.unh-lyme.org with educational materials such as Dr. Steven Phillips educational DVD's.



Fall at Bauer Fram, madison, o/c, $175 Paula Solimene



Furthermore, the University of New Haven has held three National Lyme Disease Symposiums during the last three years (2006-2008) with over 200 attendees. Both symposiums were generously supported by the University and by the College of Art and Sciences.



Chester Mill Pond, o/c, 16 x 20, $250 Patricia Barone


In the Fall of 2007, the University of New Haven begun one of the largest tick counting and Borrelia testing surveys in the North East (testing over 50 sites in Fairfield County). The uniqueness of this survey is that the tick collection is being done at school yards, public parks and playgrounds, to evaluate exposure of our children to tick borne diseases.




Lunar Temple, 12 x 12, mixed media, $300 Ralph Levesque



As of June 2009, the University of New Haven has collected ~1500 deer tick samples and tested ~900 samples for Borrelia burgdorferi (Bb) infection. The overall Bb infection rate was 72%, ranging from 51%-94%.




Sailboat at Stony Creek, oil/panel, 6x8, $150 K. Ruggiero


The group also studies different forms of Borrelia bacteria to better understand how Borrelia can hide from the immune system and from different therapies.




Stony Creek, , oil/board $400 Ken Dorros


Halls Point, , oil/board $400 Ken Dorros


With collaboration with Dr. Alan MacDonald, our group discovered that Borrelia is capable forming a protective layer around itself – called biofilm – which could render it to be resistant to antibiotics and provide a logical explanation as to why extensive antibiotic treatment for patients with a tick-bite history could fail.



Our final goal in this project is to identify antibacterial agents that are effective in killing Borrelia burgdorferi without inducing biofilm, or even capable of destroying Borrelia burgdorferi in biofilm." Dr. Eva Sapi


Hannah's House, 9 x 12, oil/panel, $175 Gayle Asher
The artwork that you see in this post will be exhibited at UNH this weekend May, 8 from 10-5 during the Lyme conference. If you want more information contact kim@ruggierogallery.com --- 50% proceeds go to research at UNH and 50% to the artist.



Brainerd's II, 6.5x8, acrylic/board, $75 Diana Perron


Brainerd's Garage, acrylic/canvas, 18 x 24, $350 Diana Perron
Thanks to these amazing professional artists for participating in this event. Your help and encouragement is a blessing.
Stony Creek, o/c, 14.5 x 6, $500 framed Diane Aeschliman

6 comments:

  1. Lyme disease, most common tick-borne rash disease, especially the disease has been observed in United States and Europe. Lyme disease, caused by an infection with bacteria named Borrelia burgdorferi, which are carried by the host deer ticks. Deer Ticks, when feed on blood of animals and humans harbor the infectious bacteria and the disease and when feeding wide spreading it.

    wobenzym side effects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is hoover, my 18 years old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed of herpes 3 years ago. ever since then,we have been going from one hospital to the other. We tried all sorts of pills but all efforts to get rid of the virus was futile. The blisters kept on reappearing after some months. My daughter was making use of Acyclovir tablets 200mg. 2 tablets every 6hours and fusitin cream 15grams. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied 2x a day but all still show no result. So I was on the internet some months back, to sought for any other means of saving my only child. just then, i came across a comment on dr imoloa herbal treatment and decided to give it a try. i contacted the him and he prepared some herbs and sent it to me together with guidelines on how to use the herbs through DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed dr imoloa and in less than 14days, my daughter regained her health.. You should contact Dr imoloa today directly on his email address for any kind of health challenge; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, fever, hepatitis A.B.C., syphilis, diarrhea, HIV/AIDS, Huntington's Disease, back acne, Chronic renal failure, addison disease, Chronic Pain, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy, Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumour, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disk Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma, Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, feta alcohol spectrum, Dysthymic Disorder, Eczema, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also on whatssap-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time and thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something ignorant though,I found it pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma Cancer,Lung Mesothelioma Asbestos,
    Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer,
    Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor, ,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,Lupus,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffering from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Email. ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete